What is the cost of pet sitting in Windermere? That depends on many factors, and there are many choices available. It is important to do your research and find the best option for you and your pet. Remember that cheaper is not always better and that saving money on the short term can sometimes cost more in the long run.
The Cheapest Pet Sitting Option in Windermere
The cheapest option for pet sitting in Windermere is probably to use a friend, relative, or the kid next door. While this does save money, it has the potential to be more expensive in the long run. Why is that?
The Problem with Using Friends or Family Members as Your Pet Sitter
Or rather, the lack thereof. Should something happen to your pet, your home, a bystander, or the person taking care of your pet, the cost could be staggering if the person taking care of your pet does not have the proper insurance.
Another factor to consider is the reliability. What happens if the individual who has agreed to look after your fur baby suddenly falls ill or has a family emergency? Is there a Plan B? Or are you simply left scrambling to find suitable coverage? We often get calls from pet parents at the last minute, frantic, looking for coverage because their friend or neighbor bailed on them at the last minute.
Someone may be available to watch your pets that one time, but will they be consistently available? Are they available to you whenever you need them, even in the case of last-minute emergencies? That is usually a difficult thing when using a neighbor or friend.
The Cost of Pet Sitting With a Professional Company in Windermere
You might think using a professional pet sitting company is too expensive. And possibly not worth it. Well, let’s take a quick look at all that you are getting if you use a professional pet sitting company. After all, a pet sitter just comes into your home, takes your dog out for a walk and feeds him, right? Wrong.
So Much More Than Just Pet Sitting
With a professional pet sitting company you get much, much more than just pet sitting. Here are a few things you get:
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Pet Sitter
- Liability insurance – When paying for a professional pet sitting service, you are not just getting someone to come in and take care of your pets. You are also getting insurance coverage should something happen to your pet, your home, or a bystander.
- Worker’s comp – Professional pet sitting companies that use employees also have Worker’s Comp insurance to protect you if their employees get hurt in your home. That is quite a lot of coverage for a relatively small price tag. Moreover, don’t forget the peace of mind you will have if something does go wrong.
Why is this important to you?
- Convenience – When a professional pet sitting company uses a scheduling software, you can schedule visits whenever you wish. You do not have to wait for office hours or proper times to contact someone to schedule your visits. You can do this when you wake up in the middle of the night, remembering the one thing you had forgotten to do all day.
- Better communication – You are in charge of scheduling the visits, so you get exactly what you want. With a pet sitting software, miscommunication is eliminated since you are the one doing the scheduling. Also, you receive an email confirmation of the visits you have scheduled, in order to ensure that everything is in the system correctly.
- No missed visits – The most important factor with an online system is that no visit is overlooked; your pet is not forgotten. For instance, the online system we use at PAWSitive Strides alerts us if a visit has not been completed by a sitter after the allotted time frame. This alert lets our office staff know to immediately contact the sitter and ensure that all is well. If there was an emergency, another sitter is promptly assigned to the visit. Having the online system ensures that we do not overlook any pets or miss any visits.
Dedicated office staff
With a professional pet sitting company, not only do you have a team of pet sitters to help, but you also have a dedicated office staff. This staff is the one monitoring visits for completion and getting in touch with sitters if they have missed anything. This office team also helps answer client questions, assign client visits, and monitor phones, even after-hours, for any client emergencies.
As you can see, there is so much more involved in pet sitting than only taking the dog out for a walk or scooping the kitty’s litter box.
So, What Is the Cost of Pet Sitting in Windermere?
It depends, of course, on the type of visit and the number of pets in the household. Our regular visit is 25-30 minutes, and it starts at $23 per visit. During this visit, the pet sitter will walk dogs, scoop out litter boxes, play with your beloved furball, and be you while you are away from home. However, don’t forget, that is not all you are getting for $23.
You are also getting:
- Peace of mind because we have liability insurance, bonding, and worker’s comp.
- The security of knowing your pet is in good hands and will not be overlooked since our online system alerts us if a visit has not been completed.
- A dedicated office team at your service, should any emergencies arise.
Are you interested in learning more about the services we offer and the peace of mind they can bring you when you have to go out of town? Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss the different options so we can custom-tailor something to you and your pet.
Latest posts by Caroline Kellam (see all)
- Keep Your Kitchen Clean: 5 Tips for Tidying Up Your Pet’s Feeding Area - December 12, 2017
- Keeping Your Floors Clean When You Own a Pet - June 16, 2017
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Orlando - May 5, 2017